Monday, November 25, 2013

Monday Math Freebie - Geometry Vocabulary Puzzle

Classroom Freebies Manic Monday
I've been playing around with Formulator Tarsia, "a tool for creating activities in a form of jigsaws or dominos for later use in a class." Sadly, this free software only works on a PC, so I used Wineskin to convert the program to an app that would run on a Mac. It's a bit glitchy (at times), but now I have VMware Fusion, a program that allows you to run Windows on a Mac. I don't use it often, but it's been great for playing around with Tarsia.

This is a very long introduction to say that I am working on a series of puzzles for math. The first is a triangle shaped puzzle to review geometry vocabulary. Simply laminate and cut the large triangles apart. Students try to assemble the 16 pieces into a large triangle. Students should notice that the three corner pieces have writing on only 1 edge. The side pieces have writing along 2 edges, while the interior pieces have writing along all three edges.

Here's what the pieces and completed puzzle look like.


I hope you get a chance to use this puzzle in your home or classroom. Please let me know if you try it and how you like it! 

**BTW, as of this writing I am only 12 followers away from 20,000 on Pinterest! Check out this post to learn more about my boards (all 230 devoted to teaching) and to enter a giveaway for some free books!

1 comment:

  1. This is perfect for me as we are working on geometry vocabulary right now - thanks!

    ReplyDelete